Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Update on my life

It's been about a week since I blogged. I was just making a comment to myself last week about how much I LOVE summer and how this will be the last few weeks before the busyness of school begins, with Boston in Kindergarten and Dallas in pre-k3. I was wishing I could just freeze us in time because I just love this stage.........then all hell broke loose. I haven't been blogging because #1 I haven't had time, #2 I wouldn't want everyone to hear all my complaining LOL It just seems like I can't catch my breath lately, that it's one mishap after another and I'm just trying to stay afloat. I'm behind on most everything in my life at the moment and feel like I'll never get caught up. On top of that the kids have been unbelievably disobedient, disrespectful, and unfriendly to each other. Then to top it all off the dog went into heat....UGH! That is just gross in itself. And just what I needed 1 MORE in diapers in our house. I think I've given up on potty training Dallas, he'll just go off to college in them. And from what I have read the dog will be in heat for 21 days. Unbelievable. For some reason, maybe they are bored, but the kids have been little destroyers lately. They go from room to room making unbelievable messes and breaking things. So to say the least I feel like all that comes out of my mouth lately is "No" "Stop" "Don't do that" "Clean that up" "I've had enough!" I know this too shall pass and in the midst of this black cloud God has a silver lining, some character trait I'm supposed to learn or something, but right now it's a little hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel.


A few positive things that have happened:
I went out for a girls night out to Olive Garden with my friend Val. She called to invite me because she was in desperate need on Wed. Little did I know that Thursday would begin a few days testing my patience and happiness.

I painted the playroom Friday night and Sat morning and it's turning out great It was very therapeutic to do that Friday night, but finishing up Sat with 6 little hands trying to help was a little more difficult. I still have some finishing touches that will get done hopefully sometime this year!

I got a mystery shop to have my carpets cleaned for free!!! This was an awesome little surprise that I got today. Desperately need it after the dog and her nice little surprises since she has arrived.

Sean has been unbelievablely patient, kind and understanding with me in the "state" I have been in. What a great husband. Even took the boys with him to get the oil changed on Saturday and out to lunch together on Sunday. They sure did love this daddy time too.

Val and I got the kids together for a swim and pizza last night at my parents since they are out of town. It was a nice break.

So I will continue on in my journey in craziness and hope for a dose of sanity soon!

2 comments:

Chelle said...

Awww! ((hugs)) Hang in there!!

Isnt the dog heat thing so nasty? Our female still goes into heat - we need to get her fixed. I put one of Alana's size 4 diapers on her when she's in the house (since the dog is like 8 lbs). LOL!

Do you have plans tomorrow? I am taking tomorrow and all next week off from work. Wayne has to work tomorrow though so Im thinking of taking the kids to the Science Center or something. Or maybe you and the kids might want to come by and swim?

Let me know! I will try to call you sometime today! :)

Cricket said...

Oh I so would LOVE to do that but my mother in law is coming over tomorrow to help out with the kids so I can get some much needed things done. Let please plan another day. I know the boys would love to come over and swim and it would be great to see you again and see your beautiful belly growing! Let me know of another day that works for you while you aren't working