Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Friendship

I've realized it's so hard to stay in touch with friends lately. With a busy family of 3 kids and one on the way and both sets of family living in town, it makes it very hard. I don't like to spend a lot of time on the phone talking with girlfriends because I'm usually doing something fun with the boys and right now in my life I feel like this time with them is fleeting and I must cherish it as much as possible. So as much as I wish to spend more time with my girlfriends and talk all the time, I feel like this must be a season in my life where family, being my #1 focus after God, is where the majority of my time lies. So I hope those of you who do read my blog, and wonder why you don't see or hear from me as often, understand that my heart also goes out to my friends, just that my time might be limited at the moment. I do enjoy my monthly girls night out with a few of my sweet girlfriends and the occasional double date night.

And I cherish my girlfriends who are also in the same place as me. Its those sweet and understanding friends that I can talk to only a few times month and pick up from where we left off like no time has passed.

I've especially found the last month my focus greatly shift toward family duties. With school starting soon I feel this major desire to spend as much time with the boys as possible. I know a huge change is getting ready to take place in our life, a change that will never go back to the way it has been. I've always had the boys at home, but starting this year, we will always have school. It's such a strange concept to me. School....boys gone all day...growing up...it all seems to be happening so fast. I do love my days with them, even though some days I wish I could send them off! LOL Growing up, it's a hard thing for a mother to watch sometimes, and a joyful thing on the other hand.

With that said...and too many words later...I hope all my friends who read my blog understand that I love and appreciate all of you. And don't ever think I'm trying to neglect our friendship, you are always in my thoughts.

2 comments:

emily said...

DITTO ON ALL OF THAT!!!

Cricket said...

I know girl! To think, when we had only 1 kid we used to talk daily...LOL And now it's only once in a blue moon!