Saturday, July 26, 2008

Very productive day at the house

My mom came over this morning to help Sean paint our big bedroom accent wall dark brown to match our new comforter. What was supposed to be a 1 hour job turned into a day of productivity and hard work! Sean was on the phone with is boss so while we were waiting we decided to try and clean out the dryer vent (for months I've been having to run the dryer 3 full cycles to get 1 load dry...as you can imagine laundry has been a never ending task because of this!) Then Sean got off the phone and they decided to go cut down the tree limbs hanging on our house and then ended up cutting a BUNCH of limbs off to make it not so lopsided. What a pile of limbs we have now! LOL Then my dad showed up and we decided to tackle the dryer vent head on. Sean was in the attic, the roof and all over working to fix it. And after several trips to Lowes and Home Depot they had all the parts and my dryer is now working efficiently!!! Thanks Sean and Dad!! Sean also picked up some more mulch for me and we got that all spread out. The biggest project was the garage. In the midst of the dryer vent project my mom and I started cleaning out and throwing away a ton of stuff in the garage. I've always been able to park my car in the garage but a few months ago when we laid the new floors in the office the piano and a bunch more stuff was "temporally" stored in the garage. Well the car hasn't been in ever since. So...I'm clearing it out. HEY ANYONE THAT WANTS A FREE PIANO CALL ME IMMEDIATELY.

So after all that my mom headed in the bedroom to paint the wall, the original project of the day, while Sean finished repairing the vent. The wall looks great and I'll have to post some pictures later. Right now I'm so exhausted I can hardly think straight. But ya to all that we accomplished today! Thanks to Sean, Mom and Dad for all their hard work!!!

4 comments:

Stef Layton said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Chelle said...

Let me know if you havent given away the piano yet! We have one, but my ILs live over near Winter Garden and I know they would love one!

Chelle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cleve and Dulcie said...

I love you. Had a great day at your house. Make me a list and we'll get it done. See ya later Little Girl. Dad