Sunday, July 13, 2008

Happy and Sad Marble Jars

I started a new thing in our house a few days ago that I had heard Lisa Welchel mention when I heard her speak and was reminded of it in her book. It is working wonders in our house. I bought marbles to put into two small glass jars and filled them halfway full and put a happy face on one and a sad face on the other. If they do something that pleases God they get a marble moved from the sad jar to the happy jar. If they do something that makes God sad I move a marble from the happy jar to the sad jar. When they fill up the happy jar they get a prize. It's a joint effort, not a competition, that's why we are using just the two jars. It's working so much better than I ever imagined. Works better than spankings!

1 comment:

Tiffanie Hage said...

cool idea!!! I think I'll have to get me some of those! :)