Thursday, July 17, 2008

A typical rainy summer afternoon

I thought I would document what a day in the summer was like for us so that years from now I can look back and remember. (probably more information below than any of you ever wished to know...LOL)

Big boys up at 7am with more energy than I can imagine, running around chasing and playing while over and over I repeat, "be quiet boys, Asher and Daddy are sleeping." They are doing kung fu and who knows what else. I wonder whether going to Borders for storytime is really going to work. Thank goodness Asher sleeps until 8 because he's going to have a late nap today. We take the dog out: boys in their boots and I hold Asher while he tries to jump out of my arms to run around with the boys (yet he's still not really walking yet). We have breakfast and the boys watch a leapfrog learning video (LOVE THESE!) while I take a shower and get ready. We head to meet Tina and her girls and my neighbor Nicole and her little girl at the Borders storytime. The boys love it, Boston participates in all the activities and Dallas enjoys finding books and sitting down to read. They beg me to buy several movies and books and I explain they can count their money when we get home to see what they can buy. We head home for Asher to take a nap. Boston and Dallas and I paint and read some books and have lunch.

When Asher wakes up we head to Nena and Papa's to swim before the rains. We get some good swimming in before we hear the thunder and quickly dress to get in the car before the downpour...made it just in time! Get home and put Asher back down for a nap (2:30). Boys and I read some more books and then it's time for an afternoon movie (today is "Hunchback of Notredam 2") Of course popcorn is included. While they are busy I run around getting everything that needs to be done in the house today: laundry, dishes, put things away, etc. After the movie we build the ultimate track with our Geotrax set. Ah yes...I love building tracks. Today's is very cool. They then play another 30 minutes with this while I clean up the patio and some other things. Asher wakes up at 5:30 and we go for a walk around the neighborhood (boys on their hotwheels and Asher in his car I push with dog on a leash). Of course we have light rain the whole time and we are all pretty wet, but we have fun anyhow...desperate to get out of the house! Home again (1/2 mile later) and time for dinner. I prepare while he boys play trains and after dinner it's clean up time. The boys are very cooperative in cleaning up. First the patio (which they had already messed since I cleaned earlier), then the playroom, then their bedroom. Maybe one day they will realize it's easier to just keep things clean...LOL...or they will just be boys and enjoy making messes! We skipped baths tonight since we went swimming in the pool this afternoon. Then we all sat on the couch and read some books, while Asher tried to crawl over all of us and then try and sit in my lap and close the book.

Daddy made it home just in time for good nights (he had to work a little late tonight). Songs, drinks and bed. Then the work really begins in the office for Sean and I....LOL

No comments: