Thursday, July 3, 2008

What we took away from VBS

Let me start out with something positive first: Boston LOVES the bible he got from his teachers at VBS. It's already gotten wet from the rain, been pieced back together because Dallas tore some pages and had lots of love, but he still carries it everywhere. He takes it with us when we leave and he has to have it in his bed at night. He was telling me the other day that God lives i the bible and I said "well not actually. Where does he live buddy?" And he replied, "He live in my heart." It was very cute.






But there some not so cute things that were taken away from VBS that have made the last few weeks very difficult for me.



Boston's new language of "boring" "stupid" "this is a horrible day" "I hate this day" These are things I have NEVER heard his express before. And the attitude behind it is just atrocious. I sometimes can't even believe it's coming out of his mouth. What happened to happy go lucky Boston? But before VBS, he never uttered those words.



Also the boys are just not getting along well at all. Can't remember when that started but its been pretty recent. They just pick at each other, or Boston picks at Dallas and Dallas is ULTRA sensitive to it. Cries about EVERYTHING!



So I have to ask myself....Was it worth it?????

1 comment:

Tiffanie Hage said...

Girl...just wait for Boston to enter school. You thought it was bad after just one week...wait til a year of school is finished. Ethan was starting to become a different child...he's quickly becoming the child I used to know since being home for summer! I hear ya...it's amazing what kids say (and what some parents allow their kids to say!)