Sunday, January 13, 2008

Sick Dallas


Why is it that kids always get sick (throwing up, etc) in the middle of the night. That's what happened to poor Dallas last night. He started throwing up in his bed at about 3am (at this point I had already been up with a cranky Asher 4 times!) So Sean headed for the couch with the baby monitor for Asher and Dallas joined me in the bed. It was a night of changing sheets and cleaning the poor little guy up. I finally gave him some Emetrol (anti-throw up medicine) in an attempt to get a little bit of sleep tonight. But he woke up at 5:45am and didn't want to go back to bed. So he joined Sean in the living room to watch a movie and I took the monitor back for Asher. I hadn't laid my head on the pillow for 1 minute when Asher woke again. Oh my goodness! But we survived and no more throwing up and he's running around the house like nothing happened. What is it with the nighttime! I'm living off the caffenine in my Coca-cola to get me through the day. Dallas gets so upset and sad when he "spits up," as he calls it. It's almost like he's embarressed by it. Your heart goes out to your little ones when they are sick. It's just so horrible to watch them like this. I'm on my 6th load of laundry (too many sheets and mattress pads go dirty!!) but I will get through it and we will start the week off to fresh, clean, non sick week. Thank goodness it happened before we left for the mountains!

No comments: