Monday, January 14, 2008

No TV


So we decided as a family to put a hold on our Direct TV and see how things go in the house without tv. It's been a week now and I have to say it's so awesome! Much better than I had ever expected. The boys watch less (they do watch a movie every morning since they wake at 6am), I don't watch in the evenings now unless Sean and I watch a movie together from our Netflix rental. I never watched tv during the day. It really annoys me when it's on durning the day. I would generally watch at night after the kids went to bed. But now I'm getting more done around the house and reading more (something I have really missed). So ya to no tv!!! I sure do love it!

1 comment:

Chelle said...

Good for you! That's great!!
I used to have it on in the background all day while I was working and the kids were playing. But lately Ive had it off during the day - the girls always have a Disney movie on when they play in Kaili's room in the late afternoons.

Ive started reading more too! Have you read Eat, Pray, Love ?? I just started that one and it's so good so far!! I saw her on Oprah!