Thursday, September 10, 2009

A whole new world of pink

I woke up this morning and it was like seeing the world in a whole new light! I have a permanent smile affixed to my face. I keep realizing all the things I will get to experience now that I will be having a girl. They may seem trivial to some, but to those of us who only have boys it's like opening up a door to a whole new world. Like playing dolls, tea party, dress up. Passing on all my dolls to her. Like my American Girl doll, Samantha, which they just retired. Passing my hand sew, adopted Cabbage Patch General Hospital cabbage patch doll. And even getting to take her to places like that. Seeing Disney in a whole new light, not just Buzz Lightyear ride and cars, but getting to see Princesses and shows. Things like looking at her wearing an outfit I once wore as a little girl that my mom or grandmother made for me.

Cooking with her (even though my boys do enjoy this sometimes). Knowing that she will appreciate all the little things I do when she gets older (like documenting everything in this blog). I'm pretty sure my boys will care less. :-) Dance classes, doing her hair, dressing her up, Princess parties. I just keep realizing all the things I had just written off assuming I was just going to be an all boy mom.

So bring on the pink, the dolls and the castle!! She's already got lots of knights here waiting for her!!!!

(This little onesie I found at Target. I had to get it because the saying was so perfect)

No comments: