Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Balancing it all

As I was trying to edit a few photos from an engagement shoot Boston walked over to me and said, "Mom you're not a photographer. You're just a mom."

How do I take that. At first I thought it was so funny. But then it started to bother me a little bit. He doesn't want me spending time editing. I spend most of my day with him, especially since I'm schooling him. I don't usually edit during the day, usually once the kids go to bed, but with the boom in my business the last few months and a wedding and engagement shoot close together I'm a little behind. So as the boys were playing I decided to take a moment and play catch up. Oh well. I got two pictures done and quit to go play with the boys.

My Masterlife devotions this week are discussing Christ centered goals. I don't ever want to get that out of whack. I always want Christ to be first. And my biggest mission field as a mom is my children. I need to win their hearts for Christ.
I also know God has blessed me with a talent in photography. There's no other way to explain that. I am reminded everyday that it's only through him that I am talented in taking photographs. I acknowledge that and thank Him especially for the business he has been so greatly blessing my family with.


I guess finding the balance, wearing my Armor of God and going to battle against the evil forces that keep trying to wreck my day, my attitude and my faith and trusting God that I will get it all done through Him is the only way to look at it.

One step at a time. He will give me grace and as long as I keep looking up that's what's most important.

1 comment:

Tiffanie Hage said...

I hear ya girl! Who ever said that women could have it all, LIED. No one can have it all, do it all. Sure you can do many things mediocre, or you can do one thing really great, and one thing pretty bad...but generally something has to give. And in the process of figuring out what that something is that has to get put low on the priority list, you aim to do it all well! :)

Obviously your aim is to put Christ first, your husband second, your children/homeschooling third. Everything else (photography, blogging, cleaning LOL, etc..) will then get prioritized down the list below. Once you really start to focus on that priority list it becomes real apparent where our focus and our HEART should be.

I am right there a long side of you....juggling lots of balls too. But keep those top three things as your central focus, and everything will fall into place!