Sunday, September 20, 2009

Back to homemade

In an attempt to get our diet in the house back nutritionally on target I went shopping today. I've really slacked and started buying prepacked things like waffles, chicken nuggets, etc because of the pregnancy. But I can see that it is really effecting Dallas mood and I even think Boston's mood and ability to focus. I'm thinking about ordering the cookbook about Kids diet for kids with ADHD. My kids aren't diagnosed ADHD but how can it hurt right? I was planning on doing a lot of batch cooking today but after getting all the groceries away Sydney had different plans for me to SIT DOWN. (Pain that is.) So the goal is to get at least the waffles, pancakes, bread, granola bars, fruit strips and muffins done and ready to freeze and use for the next few weeks. I've got some great recipes I've used before and some new ones lines up and I'm really excited about it! Sean's also requesting the Cabbage Soup so that's on the list as well.

So here's to a healthier, more homemade household....

No comments: