Monday, February 23, 2009

Brain Integration Therapy

I've heard Dianne Craft speak at the homeschool conference the last two years and each time was completely in awe of the information she presented! I have her Biology of Behavior cds and have listened to them several times. Amazing! We also have her right Right Brain Phonics cards and Sight Words flashcards. My most recent purchase (one I wish I had purchases a year ago at the conference but I just wasn't willing to fork up $26 for this small book. I figured I could find information online. But after much looking online I couldn't find any anywhere. With Boston having a hard time blending words I figured this might be a good step to help him connect his right and left brain and cross the midline. Wow! That is all I can say. The information presented in this book is awesome and her exercises are interesting. I can't wait to start them!

I'm also starting us back on the Biology of Behavior supplements. A great article you can read on her website is
http://diannecraft.com/article-009.htm
There are several other articles you should also check out on here. The most interesting thing in this article is how she talks about how important Essential Fatty Acids are to brain function, behavior and attention problems:

They have highlighted the relationship between learning, behavior, and attention disorders and essential fatty acid deficiency in children. The more recent studies corroborate the older ones. In a 1981 study, reported in the journal, Medical Hypotheses, a large number of hyperactive children showed deficiencies in essential fatty acids. That particular study revealed that boys have a three times higher need for essential fatty acids than girls. This might be one explanation for the larger number of boys experiencing difficulties in various areas of learning and behavior.

So check her out, you won't regret it!

No comments: