Thursday, March 27, 2008

Temporary Insanity - once a month

Yes, once a month I get stressed, anxious and worried. I feel like the house is a mess, kids out of control and no free time. Everything seems to be a bigger problem than it should, keeping up with household duties seems impossible, and I just don't feel like myself. (For those woman reading this you probably understand what I'm getting at.) With each child it seems to get worse. (Although I've been pregnant or nursing most of the time since 2002...) But I'm convinced God doesn't mean for this to happen each month. I'm convinced its my diet, my eating habits. I think they must affect my hormones in the worst way. But the problem here lies in the fact that when I'm approaching this time of the month and the stress mounts....I head for the chocolate...or whatever else I'm craving at the time (can you say EMOTIONAL EATER) Thank goodness I'm not like this all the time or I'd be huge. Anyhow...I've got to get a grip on it....I hate these couple of days each month!



I've also come to understand the old view of a mother singing hymns and looking as if she was happily in another place. It's funny that when I feel the hormones mounting I'm leaning more and more on hymns. I just start singing out loud, sometimes close my eyes, and head to my "happy place" LOL And it works....well most of the time.

No comments: