Monday, March 3, 2008

Funny encounter

I took the boys to Sams today before taking Boston to school. Before doing our shopping we had lunch there (yummy pizza). While we were sitting down I noticed another young mom with her little girl standing close. She came over to wait for her order and we started talking a little. Come to find out she has 4 kids and she's only 32. Usually I'm seem to be on the younger end of the spectrum with kids (especially since I have 3 and I'm 30, seems like everyone is having kids later in life these days). She went and sat down and I felt the Lord telling me I needed to go talk to introduce myself and give her my number to get together sometime. My first thought was, that's crazy, I don't even know her. But my spirit just kept telling my to go. So I thought, well if she's still there when we finish then I'll go talk to her. Well, she was. So I went over and said, "Hi again, my name is Cricket. I've never done this before but here is my business card. I would love to get together and meet at a playground or something." She was so nice. I then felt the urge to ask her where her kids go to school. She replied, "Oakland Charter School." OH MY GOSH! That was one of the charter schools we applied to. Then she added, "But we just applied to try and get our kids into Hope Charter School since their school goes all the way through high school." I couldn't believe it. I NEVER met anyone that even KNOWS about these schools. It was definatly the Lord leading me to talk to her. So hopefully she will contact me and we can get together sometime. Just another confirmation that both of these schools are great!

No comments: