Monday, March 3, 2008

The Business of Being Born

I can't wait to see this. I personally LOVE my doctor and think he was totally on board with me doing things naturally but unfortunatly he wasn't on call when I delievered. The other doctors that cared for me were great and I think they would have totally been on board with me as well, it was the nurses that I feel are in a rush to get you in and out of the labor and delivery room. (Not to mention the fact that you hardly ever see your doctor during it all.) I never thought this before but now thinking back on my delievery with Asher I had an AWESOME nurse the first 12 hours, she was patient in slowly upping my pit and letting me be off monitors to be able to walk around and sit on the birthing ball. But then when the second shift came in the entire mood changed. They turned the lights on full blast, came in with guns blazing saying I needed things speeded along and they would be upping my pit every 30 minutes. I thought they were the devil. No woman on earth can handle that level of pit without an epidural. So then I had to have the epidural. I remember Sean and Jessica so angry, I thought Jessica was going to have a fight right there in the labor room with the nurses. It was so funny. There's a lot to be said for having a mid wife that's slow and patient and has YOUR needs in mind. It think most nurses don't care. I had one that did, but that's probably rare unfortunely. I would hate not to use my doctors if we go for a 4th, but there's something to be said in this movie about hospitals. Anyhow...check out the preview below. You can rent it through netflix.com if you have that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So if you have a 4th you arent delivering at a hospital?