Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Book Review: Saving Levi

Boston, Dallas and Asher have all had the same nursery Sunday school teachers (which at the church of our size is not very common because they have many classrooms for each age) But Gene and Ann Bradock have been so wonderful to our 3 boys. She was asking me if we were having another and I was telling her our thoughts on the 4th and that we have felt lead to adopt a girl from China but are now also feeling lead to have another of our own. She very quickly said I had to read this book she had in her purse. Mentioning to me, "I know you don't have much time to read but its quick and it's WONDERFUL!" I brought it home and I literally read it in two evenings. Wow! An amazing story of following the Lord and saving this beautiful Chinese boy who was left to die in a farm field with 80% of his body burned and only 6 weeks old. It just grips at your heart. It's the true story of the Bentley family (Americans who went to China to build and run an orphanage) and their fight to save his life. I would recommend it to anyone to read!

Here's a link to the author's website where you can purchase the book and read about their great organization, Harmony Outreach. http://www.lisamisrajebentley.com/



Since reading it I've been having dreams about China and adopting from there. The main thing in every dream is "4 years". I just keep hearing that. I had kind of written off China since the tug to have another of our own (although Sean defiantly had not) and the total #4 kids ingrained in my head. Going past 4 was never something I had considered. Anyhow....it will be interesting to see what God has in store for our future. I'm looking forward to it!

No comments: