Thursday, March 27, 2008

Boston's thoughts on God


Boston has a similar saying he says at least once a day to me. "Mommy, why did God make...." and he adds whatever he's thinking of at the moment. Like a week ago when Dad picked Boston up from school and walked him to our door. As he was walking back to his car, Boston was watching him and said to me, "Mommy, why did God make Papa so slow." LOL I just love when he asks this.


Tonight after I had said the prayer he asked me, "Mommy, why doesn't God talk back to us when we talk to Him. He talks to them on Hermie and Friends." Hermie and Friends are Christian dvd's created by Max Lucado and the boys love them. In them God will talk to them (like the big voice from above.) Wow! What a question Boston! So I said to him that as much as we would love to hear God talk back to us we have to have faith that he hears us talking to him, and he loves us talking to Him. And that even though we might hear him with our ears, we will see him talk to us in many other ways. (and I gave him a few examples). I hope I made since to Him. Thinking back maybe it would have been a good time to explain the Holy Spirit, but I was trying to think quick on my feet.


I love the fact that he loves God and that he wants to know more about Him and why he created and creates things they way they are.

No comments: