Saturday, March 29, 2008

Leaves glorious leaves!

Thursday after school was out the boys and I raked the yard, hopefully for the last time this season. Oak tree leaves are the worst! But the boys love it. They love riding through the leaves on their hot wheels, scooters and bikes as I rake them onto the sidewalk. They just LOVE it! Oak leaves don't make the huge, soft piles of leaves that I remember jumping in growing up, but I do my best to compile all of them into one huge pile and they get to jump in and play. Makes for a longer clean-up, but great memories. They also like doing their part to help out. They have their own little rakes and they rake for me as well. And they both enjoy putting the leaves in the trash can. They will bring their dump trucks and load them up and empty them in the trash. They think this is tons of fun (and I'm not about to tell them it's actually work!) They even go over and help Gabi out sometimes when she's raking. Today I raked 6 huge black garbage bags and didn't even finish. Whew. Hey...at least I'm not pregnant and doing this like 3 other years. Seems like I was always in my last trimester raking leaves...LOL Memories!


Jumping in!

The big monster trucks from Nena and Papa worked great!

No comments: