Friday, March 28, 2008

Day with my dad


I got to spend the day with my dad today with the boys. My dad found out he has melanoma cancer again, this time much smaller than the one he had when I was in middle school. My mom was out of town helping my Aunt Margie have a colonoscopy so I volunteered happily to take him today. He called this morning to see if we would have lunch first with him. So me and the boys headed to pick him up and had a great lunch at Chick-fil-a. The boys loved playing and dad and I had fun hanging out, I was demonstrating my new iphone to him. Then we headed to take him to the doctor to have it removed. The boys and I then walked over to Barnes and Noble and spent about 2 1/2 hours there playing trains on their train table, chatting with another mom of 3 boys, reading books, playing with stuffed animals...all kinds of fun. The boys were so great today! I was very proud of them. Then we headed to Planet Smoothie to get a smoothie since they were so good. While walking back to check on dad, there he was walking in the parking lot. He was very sore but doing good. We took him to get his prescriptions, took him home and he was sweet enough to treat all of us to Boston Market, thanks dad! Although poor dad had to have all of that cut out of him today, I truly loved that time we got to spend together today!


One more thing....dad started growing a beard a few months ago and I have to brag on him. He's just so good looking! Who would have thought a beard could make such a difference. He also had surgery for his cataracts and now doesn't have to wear glasses. He's one good looking man!!

No comments: