Wednesday, March 26, 2008

"Mom, Dallas broke his head!"


That is what I heard as Boston came in to inform me what was going on in their room. I had put them both in there because they had been disobeying me and being unbelievably crazy. Hindsight, I probably should have put them in separate rooms, but what's done is done. I walked into their room and Dallas is lying on the floor on his back with blood all over his forehead and hands. I immediately swooped him up, carried him to the kitchen, gave him some crackers to get his mind off it and calm him down so I could assess the situation and see if we needed to head to the hospital. I wiped the blood away to find a pretty small cut, that created A LOT of blood. So I decided that taking Dallas to get stitches would probably be the MOST dramatic thing ever and since the cut wasn't too big and close to the hairline I would just use a butterfly band aid and be done with it. I gave him some all natural bumps and bruises tablets with Arnica in them to help with the swelling and bruising, since having him put an ice pack would have been the end of the world! Put on a pirate movie and applied the butterfly (and since it was called a butterfly he thought that was pretty cool.) Whew...my first major injury. (With three boys I'd better brace myself!)
Want to know what happened, ya so did I. Boston told me they were playing swords (humm....didn't mommy say NOT to do that) and Boston decided to use the wooden dowel that held together one of their wooden stools as a great sword. The wooden dowel has another part on the end that sticks out perpendicular and somehow he broadsided him with it and this part sticking out is what got him. Poor Dallas, I can only imagine how bad that had to have hurt. That old saying, "Momma knows best" is so true, if they could only learn that early on in life!!!

No comments: