Saturday, March 14, 2009

Miscarriages

I found out today that my sweet friend from college, Erica, miscarried her baby. She was 5 months pregnant. My heart aches for her as I understand her pain and grief. I'm also saddened by the number of my friends who are miscarring lately. What is causing so many miscarriages? I was talking to my mom about it and she said none of her friends when they were all having babies miscarried. That made me think that is there something we are doing wrong now that is causing so many. Stuff that's in our food or something? Who knows, but it is very saddening for me for anyone to have to miscarry. But it is comforting to know that God is in control and He knew when we got pregnant that our baby would only last 8 weeks in my womb. And I know with certainly that Shiloh is in heaven with Jesus and my grandma is loving on him/her just like we would have if he or she was here. As I'm approaching my due date I've had more heartache recently. I keep drawing on the peace that God is in control and He has a much bigger plan than my little head can imagine. It doesn't mean that my heart won't ache and grieve but I'm hoping that once the due date has passed I can put some closure on this chapter in my life. Not that I would ever forget about Shiloh, but that I can move past the grief. (pictures are of Asher when he was an infant)

No comments: