Saturday, June 14, 2008

Watching the train go by

I always thought of myself before children as a pretty scheduled type of person, not as spontaneous. (I had a schedule for my wedding that was passed out to everyone that was a minute by minute play by play of what was to happen all day long.) But since having kids I feel like a completely spontaneous person who doesn't really like to keep to schedules at all...LOL Its so funny how kids can change you. And I feel like I appreciate the little things in life more now, like watching a train go by. Before kids whenever I saw a train going by all it meant to me was that it was going to delay my travel time. Now when I see a train I get so excited and hope it's a long train so we can watch it go by longer! I will actually go out of my way to find a train, and we have been known to run to the car when at the downtown library and drive to find it after hearing the horn. Kids can give you such a great outlook on life and make you appreciate even the smallest of things. I feel like a much more well rounded person. So thank to my children for teaching me to stop and smell the roses!
(photo of the boys watching the train go by in Tavares, Fl while we were at the playground a few months ago...didn't have any of me and the boys watching the train)

No comments: