Monday, June 23, 2008

Day 1: Potty Train Dallas

Ok...so I posted a while back how Dallas potty trained himself in 1 day...well that didn't last long. He was accident city and I just put him back in diapers because I just didn't have time to deal with it. Well I decided he was just too dang old and this week I would potty train him. Ha! By noon today he had already had two big poop accidents in the underwear and 4 pee ones that made a big mess! He did actually go on the potty 4 or 5 times (and he wasn't even drinking anything....where did he get all these fluids from???) I decided I don't think I'm cut out for this kind of potty training. I put him back in a diaper at 1pm before we left for the library and Asher's swim lesson. The last thing I needed was a mess outside the house! I really hate the mess and unsanitryness of pee and poop cleanup. Ugh! And why can't he just remember to go. I reminded him about 100 hundred times and kept taking him in there. I don't know what to do. I really don't want to do the whole bribing thing with m&ms but maybe that's the only way with him. I guess every child is different. So maybe I'll get something tomorrow to brib with....parenting...oh the fun!! LOL

2 comments:

Tiffanie Hage said...

Is your backyard fenced for privacy? If so, spend the majority of the day outside, with him naked. Have him pee on a tree, or pee on anything he would find remotely interesting and fun. Feed him often, lots of fluids and let him get the feeling of peeing standing up on something. Also, he probably won't just go poop on the floor between his legs, he'll actually tell you. Ashton potty trained himself at 2 I think largely impart to being outside in the pool so much he would see his brother actually go to the bathroom by the tree instead of going inside and wanted to do the same thing! LOL

Cricket said...

We dont have a fenced in yard :-( He does pee in the potty on his own accord and outside when swimming. Just trying to get him to go ALL day is the problem. So when are we getting together girl?????