Monday, June 2, 2008

Kindergarten sign-up, VBS and Dallas the middle child

I took Boston this morning to register for Kindergarten. What a weird thing to do. I can't believe he will be going off to kindergarten in the fall! And let me tell you just how excited he was!!! He talked the whole way there and was so excited to see the school. I think he was ready to go in the classroom and even begged to play on the playground there. We took a tour of the school and then I filled out paperwork while he was assessed. He told me they asked him his numbers, alphabet, colors, shapes, write his name and draw a picture of him and mommy. She said he did great, although she probably says this to every parent. We left and he told me he can't wait for kindergarten to start!! And he said he couldn't wait to tell Ms Sue he went to see his kindergarten today. So funny. On the way home I thought I would stop at the 7-eleven store and get slurpees together, we have never done this before. Of course he eyed the doughnuts as we walked in, something he only gets with Nena since mommy won't buy them. So I thought, "what the heck, it's a special day." He picked out one with pink icing and sprinkles on the top and made sure to get a pink straw for his slurpee. The boy sure loves pink....lol....but he'll tell you that black is his favorite color. (those sure are different aren't they!)

Then I took him to Nena's house and I picked Asher and Dallas up and we headed to church where they had childcare while I worked with Christie on our VBS class (that she somehow cornered me into after I had simply signed up for the easy snack room this year...:-)...LOL) We got a lot done (thank goodness we are "knock it out quick" kind of gals) and it was actually nice to spend some girltime without chasing after the kids. Then I got the chance to spend a few hours with Dallas, just him and I, while Boston was at school and Asher asleep. It was our last day Boston was in school his regular time and we cherished the time together. He really has been much less whinny, crying and tantrumish since some well thought out "Dallas and Mommy" time. Middle child syndrome was in full swing before and I'm glad to have noticed finally what the problem was. Poor Dallas. What a sweet, loving and caring child he is. And his true colors sure have been showing in spectro color lately and it's been wonderful!!!

No comments: