Monday, June 23, 2008

Asher learning to swim

Asher had his first swim lesson today and he was amazing!! I wish I had videoed it. I will try and do that tomorrow. He's 13 months old now and I just couldn't believe how great he did. He had wonderful breath control, swam to her and even flipped over to float on his back. These things usually take about 2 weeks to get babies to do! Lisa taught Boston and Dallas both to swim and she remarked to me, "Where did you get this kid! He's amazing!!" Boston had his first swim lesson at 22 months and Dallas was 9 months. Dallas was a very difficult one to teach and Lisa ended up giving him over to the owner of Southwest Aquatics (where they take), Joy. She finally got all his quirks worked out and he's an amazing swimmer now. I think I'm going to start the boys on the swim team, just can't decide if we have the time or money. They both did so great last summer with Jamie and have their strokes down awesome (back stroke, butterfly, freestyle). Anyhow...I'll try and remember to take some photos tomorrow and video. The new facility is amazing!

No comments: