Thursday, June 19, 2008

Dentist

I went to the dentist today to have a cavity filled. My dentist, who is a friend of the family and actually lives in the same neighborhood as my parents, recently retired and sold his practice. So this was my first time seeing the new dentist, and someone other than David to do anything to my teeth since I was very young. What a horrible experience. However she shot me to numb me was so excruciating that I actually had that thought during it that I can handle giving birth better than I can handle this. For some reason I feel like I have control over my body and the experience much more with birth than when someone is doing some horrible thing inside my mouth! Ugh....I TRUELY HATE THE DENTIST!!! I couldn't get my body to relax for the life of me. I thought, "My goodness Cricket, you went through over 13 hours of horrible labor pains on pitiocin with no medicine or epidural and were able to get yourself to relax through the contractions but you can't relax for this simple numbing?" I hurt so bad right now that I took Tylenol and I'm going to bed. I will be finding another dentist tomorrow!

No comments: