Sunday, April 13, 2008

We are homeschooling!

So there's been lots of discussion as to what we are going to do about schooling next year. Sean and I both feel the Lord leading us back to homeschooling. A passion for it grows within each of us everyday. The funny thing is that soon after we got married Sean mentioned that maybe I could homeschool our kids. I looked at him like he had 3 heads and thought "boy you married the wrong woman if you think I'm going to homeschool our kids!!!" (kind of the same thought I used to have that I could never be a missionary wife-hope that one doesn't come to bit me in the butt too...of course God would change my heart completely to have me live in some remote place with no air conditioning-and honestly the idea wouldn't completely rock me...but that's a whole other blog for another day.) Anyhow....now I'm so passionate about homeschooling. And not that I think badly on traditional schooling, I just think for us homeschooling is going to be great! And God has confirmed it in many ways.

First-we didn't get into any of the charter schools

Second-he planted the seed last year and even had me attend the FPEA conference to prepare my mind for it

Third-so much encouragement from many friends that already homeschool

Fourth-this morning at church 1 ran into 5 people on my way to Life Group (we were soooo late this morning) and all 5 homeschool. Crazy right! It was like God was slapping me in the face with it. I literally didn't see ANYONE else on my way to class....and we go to a HUGE church.

Fifth-last weekend while at the lake we drove by a house that had two schooling desks out front with a "free" sign on them. My mom said, "lets grab them." My thought was, "why, I'm not homeschooling." But I got them anyhow...it's that funny!

Sixth-Boston's teacher told me months ago how great he is and how smart he is. That he picks up on things very quickly and that the only problem she can see in the future is that he will get bored in class because he will be ahead of all the other students. Homeschooling will be perfect because he can go at his pace, not the class pace.

Well there's lots of other confirmations, and I'm excited! I'm soooo excited! And if you read my blog from last week before I found out about the charter school situation you will see that deep down I really wanted to homeschool instead. A part of me wanted to, but I wanted to do God's will. God is good.

2 comments:

Stef Layton said...

Hooray Cricket - sounds like you have such peace about this decision, truly wonderful! (and I wasn't pro-homeschool either, but fell head-over-feet)!! Amazing how God continues to work these things out for us! Good Luck!

Chelle said...

That's wonderful! Im glad you came to a decision you are happy with!!