Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Chicken Pot Pie

Monday night I made my friend Mary's Chicken Pot Pie recipe. She brought this to me after I had Asher (along with so many of our friends that were so generous to supply us with so much food!). It was great and I have been wanting to get the recipe from her for months. Well I finally got it from her today and cooked it tonight. Boston went CRAZY over it. He had 3 helpings of it and then before bed said his tummy was so hungry for more and he had 2 more helpings!! Where did he put all this food! And Asher actually ate it as well. First time I've tried to feed him what we were eating and he LOVED it. He couldn't get enough. As we were eating Boston said to me, "Mommy this is the best dinner ever! My favorite ever! I WISH we could have this EVER night!" So thank you Mary for the ever delicious AND EAAASSSYYY recipe.



For those curious minds here it is:

1 whole chix or 2 cans of chix or 3-4 cooked breasts
cup chix broth
1can cream of mush. or celery
1 or 2 cans Veg-all

In 13x9 casserole dish mix all ingredients then in separate bowl mix 1 cup bisquick, 1cup milk ,1melted stick of butter-you don't have to use a whole stick. Blend together and pour over chix mixture. Bake at 375 for 1 hr. or until brown. How easy is that!!

No comments: