Sunday, April 20, 2008

Bedtime Routine

I thought I should write down our bedtime routine since in 10 years I probably won't remember at all. LOL So...first bath, brush teeth and hair, they each get to pick a book and either Sean or I reads it to them. Then they always want a waffle in bed (don't know how in the world this started but it's been going on for a few months now...hey at least they started sleeping in 30min to 1 hr longer since this was added!)

Then mommy sings lullaby "Lullaby, kiss goodnight, in the glow of the nightlight. Lay down sleepy head in Boston and Dallas' soft bed. Close your eyes, now and rest, like a bird in it's nest. Close your eyes now and rest, you know your loved the best" I got the words from this Elmo Nighttime book we got Boston for is 2nd Easter when he was 1 year old.

Then Sean sings Stars:" Why do stars suddenly appear, everytime, you are near. Just like me, they long to be close to you. Ahhh ah ah close to you. Ahhh ah ah close to you. Why do birds suddenly appear, everytime, you are near. Just like me they long to be close to you. Ahhh ah ah close to you. Ahhh ah ah close to you." The cutiest thing is to hear Dallas sing it, especially the ahh parts. So adorable. He used to sing it even before he could speak very clearly. Don't know what made Sean pick this song years ago, but it was orginally sung by the Carpenters. Now he also sings what the boys titled the "silly song" which is a song from Willie Wonka and the Chocolate Factory (which they have never seen.) "If you want to view paradise, simply look around and view it. Wanna change the world? Just do it?...."And if Sean isn't home during bedtime they ask me to call him and if he can, he will sing to them over the phone.

Most nights I also do "snug as a bug in a rug" and tuck their sheets around them. They giggle so hard!

As I'm walking out, every night, Dallas always tells me he has to tell me something. Used to always be that he wants to ride the roller coaster. But lately it's been "I want to ride the Peter Pan ride with you!" Sometimes he'll add, Boston, Daddy or Asher. Cute.

Then Dallas has water, Boston has milk and to bed they go.

No comments: