Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Blogging, true stories and taxes...OH MY

I love true stories, whether it's watching a movie about one or reading a book, I just love them. So, naturally, blogs appeal to me. They are like watching a true story in real time! You can learn so much from other people and get great ideas to do with your own family. And for me, I feel like I'm documenting our life for the kids to always remember. When I thought to do a blog back in Jan 2007 I didn't know anyone that had one, and had not ever really read one. I happened upon blogger.com by doing a google search. It was free and easy to use so here I am. And so far I've had 10 friends join my in the blogging community! Ya for blogging!!

I'm working on our taxes again today. I'm pretty behind since having Asher last year. I usually keep up to date with the finances on Microsoft Money but since he was born I kind of got out of the habit. So now I'm paying for it! Ugh...data entry. Hopefully I can finish it up this week. Taxes are a little more complicated for us since we file with a w-2 and a 1099 and we expense a lot of stuff. Well...back to work for me...heigh ho heigh ho...off to work I go!!

4 comments:

Chelle said...

Hey! Do you guys ever use Turbo Tax? We get the Turbo Tax Home Business one. Wayne gets 1099's sometimes w/ his web business. And we have to add on income from LeftSideRight and BoatingBaby to our normal income from our day jobs. And we write off a bunch too!

It's SOOOO easy to use! And it saves your previous years info so it fills it back in for you the next year and you can edit it.
LOVE IT!

Cricket said...

We actually have always used an accountant. Haven't ever tried it on our own. There's so many complicated things with ours and he always seems to get us so much money back each year. What is your leftsideright and boating baby things? Thanks for the Turbo Tax info...may come in handy in the future!

Chelle said...

LeftSideRight is Wayne's graphic and webdesign company he does on the side. (www.LeftSideRight.com)

BoatingBaby is my little creation that we started earlier this year. I drew up a bunch of designs and have been testing the market. We havent advertised and Ive been selling several a month. My goal is to focus on that in the next month or two. (www.BoatingBaby.com)

We used to use my family's accountant from the jewelry stores when we started LeftSideRight because we werent sure about how to do taxes having our own business PLUS having our regular jobs, but about 5 yrs ago we tried out TurboTax Home & Business and we loved it! It asks you about every deduction in the world, LOL!

Chelle said...

Where is my head? I said earlier this year - I meant we started BoatingBaby in March 2006. DUH!