Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Joy in the details of life

Monday-worked out again finally!!! Since Asher has been teething and waking up so much during the night the last few weeks my attendance hasn't been so great for our 6:15 planet fitness workouts...and poor Theresa has been going herself. But I'm back...and I'm ready!

Today I actually got my devotional done in the morning..yes!

Been working on finding joy more in even the most mundane things like laundry, dishes and picking up MORE toys, dealing with a temper tantrum, and saying the same thing 10 times in a row. But I am learning patience on so many levels it's amazing. Life is so good!

Took cookies to a new family that just moved here from Indiana. Boys and I had fun cooking them this morning and trying to teach them about giving and the joy of reaching out to others. They loved it. Looking forward to having this new family over as they have kids close in age to ours.

Today I told Boston that we are going to be homeschooling him next year. I was a little worried about how he would react since he has loved school so much this year and all his friends. But he got so excited and said, "is daddy going to be my teacher too mommy? Can daddy stay home too?" How cute is that?

Funniest part of the day was when the boys discovered the desks I had picked up last weekend for free sitting in the garage. "What are these?" they asked. "Desks for school next year." Boston quickly jumped into his and said..."can we do our abc's NOW!?!?!" So we quickly brought them into the house and I grabbed somethings to work on for each (handwriting and mazes for Boston...coloring and shapes for Dallas) and they had a blast! How great are these!!!

No comments: