Thursday, April 10, 2008

Press into God

God gave me this passage as comfort this morning:

"I am the light of the world. If you follow me, you won't have to walk in darkness, because you will have the light that leads to life."
John 8:12
Wow, how awesome is that! So many thoughts have filled my head since yesterday afternoon. I found out that one of my friends Tammy's little girl made it into Oakland and my other friend Lisa's son made it into Hope. My heart sunk a little deeper. "Why didn't we get into one of them God?" And as I was expressing to Sean last night how I was envious of the two of them and confessing I wish I didn't feel this why. I was wondering if God does want Boston to go there, why didn't he let us get in the first round? And my wise husband said to me, "Cricket, he might still want him there. Maybe he's testing our faith in Him and his perfect plan." Thank you Sean for those inspiring words. It was just what I needed to hear. And it's so true. God drew me ever so close to him during Asher's pregnancy as I put all my faith in him for a healthy, natural pregnancy and healthy baby (be it a boy or a girl). And my great friend Jessica always had such inspiring and comforting words from God to keep me on His path. And after having Asher I don't always find time for daily time with Him. I've had a very privileged life in the fact that I was raised in a strong Christian home, raised in the church and never strayed away. I always have tried to do what is right and haven't ever experienced any real tragedies. So God uses things that are near and dear to me to draw me into him, to draw me to have a more personal and deep relationship with Him. And I thank Him for these times. Because without them, I would tend to do things "my" way and not always look to Him. He makes things impossible, unmanageable, questionable, so that we HAVE to go to Him for answers, direction and help. And I praise Him for that!! So I trust Him, I have faith in Him. He WILL show me what way to school Boston next year. And for some of your reading this you may be thinking, "why is this such a big deal to her". But it is. And unless you have children, you can't truly understand how deeply, passionately and with your whole heart want the VERY BEST for them! So I press into God, I'll bask in his light and follow HIS perfect path!
(Thank you for all of you who have been praying for us and our decision, it means SO much to me!)

No comments: