Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Lean on God to get through the day

As I face another day with not a lot of sleep (Asher gettting up in pain from teething again last night...two nights in a row) I found myself asking God, "How am I suppossed to be a good mom with a lack of sleep leading to a lack of patience, quick to anger and be irritated and a bad attitude about all the things that need to get done." And he answered me clear as day, "I'm making things rough for you so that you will lean on me to get it done, not yourself." That's it! It makes so much sense!!! He wants me to trust in Him, to be a faithful servant to Him! And with a lack of sleep how else can I be a good mom but through HIM! How exciting that is. God's not just trying to make things harder for me, He just wants me to draw closer to Him. Almost makes me want to have another rough night....almost!

No comments: