Thursday, June 16, 2011

PVC foam swords






This morning Sydney had swimming lessons at 8:20 and the boys rolled out of bed not long before having to leave. So I decided that after swimming we would just head to Chickfila and have breakfast and play on the playground. I have to say it was a lot of fun, especially the part where the stay at home dad and his 4 kids (3 girls and 1 boy) wanted to know how in the world I stayed sane with 3 boys. It seems like everywhere I go lately this is the comment I get...."wow, three boys! You have your hands full!" And yes it's a lot of work....a lot of craziness....a lot of energy....but I wouldn't have it any other way!

So after getting some of their wiggles out I made a spur of the moment decision to go to Lowes and make these PVC foam swords today. Yet another project from the fabulous Ashley! I have to say it was a fun trip in Lowes with three boys trailing behind me with pvc pipe in hand with big, excited smiles! I thought the guy in the PVC dept was gonna give me a strange look but he just replied, "You wouldn't believe the projects people come in here with to use PVC piping." Humm I thought...I need to research more things to do with this cheap stuff!

Sydney thought the sword was funny. When she gets a little older I might make her a little one...but I'll have to find some pink duct tape!

It was a really easy project and the kids sure enjoyed it. We had extra piping and made the neighbor kid one (in the first pic he's the one on the left). It made for much more fair fighting with 4 kids....silver vs blue!

No comments: