Monday, September 29, 2008

Muffin Morning Madness

WHAT A DAY! That should be all I blog today. Period. Three words to describe my day.

It probably didn't help that I had stayed out late with Val last night and had cut out Coca Cola from my diet. But today I blew it!

First-we had to be at school early this morning because they have what they call Muffin Monday's on the Monday after progress reports (which I'll have to write about later.) I had everyone ready and in the car (oh so proud of myself for being ready 30 minutes earlier than usual.) But then Boston's shoes that were in the car when we were last in the car as a family, were no where to be found. Come to find out Sean had placed them on top of the car later that day and that night I, not knowing, drove off. So then we are all running around the house looking for the sandals that he wore to church yesterday but they have DISAPPEARED!!! (still missing as I write this tonight) So after 30 minutes of looking I end up giving up and heading to Walmart to buy new ones before we are super late to school. My neighbor took Dallas to school and Asher, Boston and I headed to the store. I couldn't remember his shoe size (with three boys changing monthly how am I?!?!) But they couldn't find the measuring tool, so I just started guessing...it was hilarious. If only I had been followed by a realty video camera, you all would be rolling on the floor. So I finally realize he's a 2 (I think his old ones were 1), and the only shoe they have in a 2 is the one he really wants. SCORE 1! And they light up! SCORE 2!

Then I realize that Boston has only eaten fruit since we were going to have muffins at school, so I run through the ChickFilA drive thru and that's when the coke was ordered. But trust me, I needed it! I really needed it.

As frantic as I was, Boston thought this was such a great morning. He told me all his friends at school are going to love his new shoes and he had a blast getting to go to the store before school. And I let him ride up front and we had Chickfila in the car. He didn't think it could get much better than that. I just needed something a little stronger to calm me down. Where's the cod liver oil when you need it!

I won't elaborate on the rest of the day. I was too tired to be a good mommy today. :-( And that wasn't good. But my boys were so quick to forgive me and tell me they love me, me and all my flaws. And as I'm typing this I'm looking over at my sweet, kind, gentle hearted, loving mama's boy Boston sleeping next to me. Daddy is at pool league and Boston just hates for mommy to sleep alone. (Although mommy really would enjoy the quiet time, but I also enjoy the time with him.) So I'm going to sign off and cuddle with my 5 year old, before he's too old to do that anymore.

2 comments:

Tiffanie Hage said...

Oh goodness! Don't you just love days like THAT! I feel your pain!

Erica said...

Poor sweet Cricket! Who would have ever thought back then what our days would be today.

Love you