Saturday, September 6, 2008

Dillard Update

If the kids don't keep me busy enough this dang dog just keeps it coming! Don't get me wrong, I love her. If it weren't for the love she would have been long gone. Her daily swims in the pond in our backyard with me screaming, "NO DILLARD!!!!!!!!" , then bathing her and her pouting outside because she can't come in, are exhausting. She also has a fascination for my books (among other things...especially MY things.) She will stand up and pull a book I'm reading off the dresser and tear it to threads, even hard back books. The latest was a book my mother in law lent me about The Worst Dog Ever. I did have to laugh that "my worst dog ever" tore that book up!
But there's also the oh so sweet side of her. Her love is just so sweet. And she thinks she is a lap dog and loves to just jump right up in my lap. Below is a picture of her laying on me while we were over at my parents watching the Olympics. She's actually fast asleep in the picture laying on her back. So funny!
She's also amazing at chasing things. Actually caught and killed a squirrel a few weeks ago. She'll chase anything that moves. She especially loves chasing lizards. So....the adventure continues as we try and mold and shape this oh so smart dog into our oh so behaving friend!

1 comment:

Melanie said...

Have you read the children's book "Bad Dog Marley"? It goes along with the book she tore up (written by the same person) and is one of Bobby's favorites! I think that you would enjoy it and the boys too!