Friday, September 19, 2008

Boston and school

While we were gone all last week Boston's color conduct code was not good (swinging his lunch box in line and not keeping his hands to himself). He's never had a bad one but every single day last week it was bad. So we talked with him about it and figured it must have been because we were gone. We've never left the kids like that and he's never had a bad conduct code in preschool or kindergarten. Monday morning on the way to school I reminded him he better come home with green and not pink or I would take away his basketball. Sure enough, I pick him up and its pink again, this time for spitting on another child! What?!?! Who is this child and what have they done with mind????

I was so upset.

I asked him why he did that and he said he asked this boy in his class, named Asher, to be his friend and Asher said he didn't want to be friends with him so he spit on him. I quickly responded that no one would want to be friends with anyone that would spit on them. I also reassured him that it is upsetting when someone says they don't want to be friends with you, but that it happens to everyone and he should just look for another friend. He said he was trying to be friends with Asher because no one else wants to be friends with him. So I said that it might take some time but to just give him some space and that we can pray for him. He seemed very comforted by our conversation. He brought the basketball to me when we got home and I told him he could have it back when he gets back on green.

The next day he was on green and then he got on WHITE!! White is very good. I was so proud of him that I let him pick out a present from the treasure box. I had just put together a treasure box, but we haven't used it yet. This was the first time for them to even see it. It's full of dollar store items and things I've gotten on clearance that I wanted them to have but didn't want to just give it to them Of all the items in the box he picked out a hulk hogan pen that lights up, blows bubbles and has a stamp on top. LOL And he's cherished it!

Today was the first day of show and tell and he wanted to take his bible man mask and cap. He told me everyone liked it except for Asher. He said it was dumb and that he doesn't believe in God. Wow! First time experiencing this. So we talked about that and that we need to pray for Asher. He wanted to pray right then and there as I was driving the car home. So he did and it was a very sweet prayer, "Please God help Asher to be nice and be my friend." Makes me realize even more the importance of praying for his friends! Kindergarten and already experiencing these things. I pray for Grace and for God to protect my little guy and that I have prepared him enough for this crazy world!

No comments: