Sunday, September 7, 2008

Find Him Waiting

I wanted to share this song with you guys because it means so much to me. For sometime now I had felt like God wasn't talking to me. I didn't "feel" His presence. And through the Christian life this is a normal thing. It's a way of growing in your faith with Him. But I so desperately wanted to feel his presence as it says in this song. And here, in the midst of my own personal sorrow, I felt Him. And it feels so good to feel His presence again and to see Him work in so many ways in my life. What a blessing it is! I was writing to my friend Megan about the whole thing and it sums up what I'm trying to say here.

"God was so faithful in his love for me in what could have been the darkest moment so far in my life. Radically, with His glory and Majesty, He put His comforting arms around me. He showed himself more to me in these last 2 weeks than He ever had in my life. I'm in love with Him even more so now. I wouldn't wish a tragedy like that on anyone but I would wish that everyone could experience Him like I have the last few weeks. And it really was amazing how he prepared me in my faith before it happened."

So listen to this song, it's speaking from my heart. Especially when he talks about the widow raising her arms to Him. I raise my arms to Him because He is SO GOOD!

I've heard the angels and I've seen the devil

Fought with the lion, sent through the fire

I've been in the valley when it was dry

Walked through the desert to the other side

I'm not a preacher and I'm not a hero

My life has never been that kind

But there is one thing that I hold onto

I am yours, and Lord you are mine

CHORUS And through all these years

You have been there

Dried all my tears and answered my prayers

I just want to feel your presence again

I'm down on my knees in need a friend

And I find you waiting there for me

I've seen a widow cry through her sorrow

And still raise her hands in the midst of it all

And Lord I'm reminded what I was weary

You carried me, yes you carried me

BRIDGE In the midst of a struggle

There is one thing I know

You'll never leave me, no never alone

No comments: