Saturday, September 20, 2008

I'll Hold You in Heaven

My friend Carrie loaned me this book, "I'll Hold You in Heaven," she had bought after her miscarriage. It's by Jack Hayford and it was just an awesome book to read. It answered so many questions I had.

What happened to my baby after it died?


Will I ever see my baby and will I recognize him/her?


Does God have a reason for letting my child die?


What an answer to prayers this was because I did have so many questions. Especially since I never got to meet our baby full grown. But this book reassured (with scripture) what I was only hoping.


YES at 8 and a half weeks my baby was in fact a baby and not just cells. (Although I didn't question this at all, especially having SEEN our baby, but some may question this) YES I will see my baby in heaven and I will know who they are! And YES my baby IS in heaven! And I know God did have a reason for my baby miscarrying. I don't know if I will ever know the question to that but I feel comfort in knowing that God is GOOD and that he always makes things work for the glory of Him and I can rest in knowing that. And I have to believe that I am a better person through this tragedy. My trust, faith, love and relationship with God is closer and I thank my precious baby for that!

This book also spends some time addressing abortion and helping those who may have had one in the past. What a comforting book for those who may have experienced this. Not that he condones it or that I do, but there has to be healing for those who made this decision. And there has to be more information out there now so that people will realize that it's a baby as soon as the sperm and egg make contact. I think most people just aren't educated enough.

So for those out there who have been through a miscarriage, abortion or know someone who has, please read this little book. It really is wonderful. I hope to be a voice of light for any women who have also experienced this.

No comments: