Friday, September 19, 2008

Divorce today

The divorce rate in this country is 50%. Which means statistically half of our friends will get divorced. I haven't faced this fact head on. I couldn't even imagine any of our friends getting divorced. But here it is, starting to happen. And it's heartbreaking to watch, on so many levels. To see a friend hurt like that is extremely hard because you feel there is nothing you can do. But I cling, cling, cling to Sean. The devil is hard at work out there, especially trying to break up Christian marriages, especially those of us bringing up more warriors for Christ. But we are facing him head on...and we shall win! My heart still aches for my brokenhearted friends who are having to endure pain they shouldn't have to endure. But I know God will lift them up and bring joy to them, even through these struggling times.


So huge your spouse today and cling to each other and God. Hold on tight, the devil is going to give us a run for our money! But through God's grace will will prevail and our children will continue the battle!

2 comments:

Betsy Nickel Photography said...

This is very scary to me too. Good thoughts. So glad you had a nice time on your cruise! That is a great way to keep your marriage fresh! I'm glad you had the opportunity to go! :)

emily said...

Our best friends here are getting a divorce and it has been VERY hard for us to watch...nobody this close to me has ever gone through this...sadly I expect to see much more of it but it has only, like you said, made me cling harder to Edwin and appreciate what we have and work harder to keep it!!! We have had to constantly pray that God give us the wisdom to know what to say when each one has come for advice...it is a very strange position to be in because you love both of them...