Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Day 2: At sea

Today we enjoyed all that this cruise has to offer!

We went rock climbing, I cruised up the wall and didn't chip a nail, Sean made it to the top in spite of his fear of heights (go babe!) and Jeff decided on his first rock climbing experience to climb the hardest path!
We had lunch at Johnny Rockets (old fashioned dinner) Jeff had the biggest burger any of us had EVER seen! We chowed down on onion rings, french fries, burgers and Chili dogs. Then we washed it down with a oreo ice cream sundae! And I ate it ALL!! We laughed as our waiters danced to "Stayin' Alive" with the music SO LOUD.

Sean doing his Hulk Hogan impression with the look alike Hulk standing behind him!After all the grease in our stomachs the boys entered the Basketball shoot out and Sean came in 4th and Jeff 1st. They were laughing so hard because with the boat moving it was a little more difficult, not to mention the WIND! All they kept asking Roger (the guy in charge of the athletic events) was "Where's the water Roger!?!?!"
(Sean Making his shot)
We played the Trivia Challenge (and were by far the youngest in the room...hahaha) And we got swamped by the old timers. Did you know the inventor of the bra was Auto Titslinger? Neither did we!

Then was the BIG event of the day: DODGE BALL-Crew against the shipmates.
(Sean throwing a good one at the crew!)Ah yes. The boys were so looking forward to it. The first rounds we got swamped. These crew members get a lot more practice at this then we do! They added that it was the highlight of their week, I bet! We laughed so hard watching them play. And after several rounds we finally BEAT the crew and the boys took home trophies! LOL
(Sean, Jeff and Roger)
Dinner was formal night tonight and we got all dressed upLook at that handsome man I'm married too!Dinner at table 452...the crazy, loud, laughing table!They came by and sang happy birthday to me (a few days early)

Sean and Jeff and their "serious, don't mess with me" faces.

After dinner we attended the show with singers and dancers and we were very impressed. They danced through the movies and they did a great job. Singing was really awesome. Late night snack was at pizza place. They had a Mexican pizza I thought I would try and the guys behind the counter said it was hot. I said I'd still like to try it and they smiled back at me and said they would get me a nice large glass of ice water. They weren't kidding! I bit down on it and was ON FIRE!!!! I've never encountered anything that hot ever! Of course Sean and I ordered room service again tonight and watched some movies. Last night we watched Vantage Point. Tonight we watched some of Ironman, staying up WAY too late. But hey...no kids...no responsibilities...sleep when you want!

Pizza with our pizza shaped table

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Too funny. I hope they didn't give points to the trivia people who guessed about the bra. It comes from a satirical song and story that Otto Titzling and Philippe de Brassierre invented the bra, but it was actually Mary Phelps Jacob.

That crazy Royal Caribbean Cruise staff!