Monday, September 8, 2008

Day 1 of the cruise

Let the crusing begin! We made it to the ship at noon after having dropped the boys off at school and Asher at my parents. We got checked in and headed to our little (and I mean little) room. I think it’s the smallest room of any of the rooms I’ve stayed in on the 5 cruises I’ve been on. But we aren’t meant to be in our room are we? So we headed to get some lunch and the food was great. Then we went exploring the ship when our friend Sherry and Jeff called. We met up with them and had a great time catching up, laughing and looking around. The drill was uneventful but Sean and I were happy to be lucky enough to have ours indoors. Jeff and Sherry teased us that we are “gold” members and that’s why we were inside. LOL

Dinner was fun. We all weren’t at the same table but they were nice enough to hook us up at a big table together with a bunch of other young couples. I’m so glad Jeff and Sherry are on the cruse. We have so much fun hanging out with them. More laughter than you can handle! Sherry and I joked that we might just have to separate the boys from each other. Our table had no idea what they were in for! LOL Before we ate Jeff asked if everyone minded if we prayed and the other husbands were so thankful for it.

After dinner we enjoyed the comedy show. Sean and I were impressed with the comedian. Especially for a cruise comedian and he was very clean! Refreshing.


We checked out the karaoke, learned some swing dancing and Sean and I danced a little, we enjoyed the moon and the reflection off of the ocean. Then by 11pm we were all tired and retired to bed.


It’s amazing to be on the cruise and have no responsibilities! No cooking, no cleaning, no taking care of kids, no laundry, taxi driving, and no getting up at the crack of dawn (even though I still woke up at 7am ready to go the next day!)

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

I am SOOOO jealous as I read right now!!! What a blessing to get away...God had His timing all over your break away. Hope you had a great time!!!