Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Update on Dillard the Dog


On Sunday Sean took Dillard in the backyard and let her run around without a leash. SHE FINALLY WENT PEE AND POOP OUTSIDE!!!!! Unbelievable! And she has been ever since. We finally figured out that she won't go as long as she's on a leash. Crazy dog! So she hasn't had to sleep in the crate either. No accidents in the house expect for last night. And we can't figure that one out since she had just been walked. But we are all still adjusting. Now we really have to work on her getting along with the cat. She's always terrorizing the poor cat. And the cat won't sleep in bed with us since she's around. Time will only tell.
She's doing great with the kids. Still trying to herd them around, especially if the boys are running around in the house. She will herd them to the corner and then pace in front of them to get them to stay there. I can't figure out if I should stop her from doing this or maybe use it to my advantage :-) She could be like our Nana from Peter Pan! "Dillard, herd the kids in the house." The boys adore her and she loves the attention from them. Asher is also very good, never to grab her hair but just likes to lay on her like she does with my parents dog Roxie. She always wants to be in whatever room we are in, no matter what we are doing. So far so good. I still can't believe we have a dog...I think I had a moment of temporary insanity...but it's looking up now!

1 comment:

Tiffanie Hage said...

That is so sweet. I'm so glad that it is getting better...I was nervous for you for a while! But she really does sound like a great dog!