Wednesday, May 7, 2008

1st ear infection in our house!

I was woken up this morning at 6am to a crying Dallas saying his ear hurt. I tried to get him to go back to sleep but he just kept crying about it. So we got up to go to the living room and watch a movie and for me to access what was going on. He kept pulling on his ear and it was evident to me that I think I was witnessing my first ear infection (we have been blessed up until now with none of the kids ever getting one!) So I tried to give him some tylenol but only got about half the dose in (he's horrible about taking medicine) Called the doc and got an appt for 8:30. Raced around the house carring the crying Dallas and getting everyone dressed. It was confirmed that he had an ear infection and probably got it from swallowing too much water in the pool yesterday. Crazy because we swim ALL the time and never had a problem. Anyhow...he's doing great now, but I think the dosing of antibiotics for 10 days might just kill me (I need a staight jacket to try and get it down him...and he spits it all out when i put it in...ugh!) I have to confess, the cuddling was nice and all the love I got to bestow on him was wonderful. My heart just broke because of the pain he was in. But as I write this on the laptop, sitting on the patio watching them play, he's doing just fine now running around playing with Boston.

No comments: