Thursday, May 22, 2008

My crazy dog focused week


What a crazy and stressful week it has been. I had so many things to get done before this weekend comes, with the Baldwins coming to stay with us and the Homeschool Conference, but the dang dog threw a wrench into all my plans. I felt like all I was doing all week was just staying afloat. I was constantly cleaning up after her instead of cleaning that things that needed to be done. And today while Boston was at school Dallas wanted me to play with him so bad but I so desperately needed to get done EVERYTHING that had needed to be done the 3 previous days that I didn't get to give him my undivided attention. But he was sweet to follow me around and I would play, then clean, play, then clean. He loved to pretend play and all he wanted to do today was pretend we were riding on all kinds of different rides. I love his imagination!

After getting home from picking Boston up I had a ton of things that needed to be done in the next hour before dinner, bath and bedtime so I could run over to the vendors at the homeschool conference. But when I got home we walked the dog and I noticed a tick in her ear. It was about this time our neighbor Jude came out, after having just got back from vacation, to see our new dog. He also has a border collie. I told him about the tick and he said he would take care of it. So I got all the supplies and it was then that we noticed she had 4 ticks! 2 in each ear, and one of them was HUGE! So he got them all out and said she really needed a bath now. Ha! All three boys and then me trying to give this dog a bath after I was all dressed and ready for the conference tonight. He was so generous to offer to bath her. Ah! I couldn't thank him enough! He also gave me some great tips on training her and I look forward to all his help to get her where she needs to be.

So at this point it was 5:30, I ran home to cook dinner, forget all the plans I had to do, ugh, and move on. I ran to the homeschool conference, 2 hours late, had 1 hour to speed walk through the vendors but did get to talk to the math people I was interested in, RightStart Mathematics. So one thing accomplished. But I came home to find that the dog had snuck away from Sean and peed on the couch with the sleeper that Jess and Bart were to be sleeping on. Pee got on the mattress and it smelled horrible. Ugh...can't I get a break! This dog is KILLING ME! I threw a 5 year old fit, yes very mature of me I know. Then I tried to pull myself together and clean it up, take the horrible smell out of my house and move on. Jess got here, it worked out and you couldn't smell it by the time we went to bed...which was like 2am...LOL And wake up time was 6am...great start to a jam packed weekend.

No comments: