Sunday, May 11, 2008

Celebrating Asher's b-day and Mother's Day

Tonight we went over to my parents to celebrate Mother's Day and also Asher's 1st b-day, which is on Wednesday. Sean's parents came as well as my Uncle Mike and Aunt Elsie from south Florida. We had a great time hanging out on the patio and the boys loved swimming, especially when Uncle Hes joined in the fun. Asher loved opening all his presents (with lots of help) and was entertained by all the new stuff.

Asher climbed up in this chair for the first time and was very proud of himself
Stuffed animal from Nena and Papa (he just loved it). They also got him some rings, a moving train with balls and cars that he's enjoying.
"Daddy, can't you open it any faster!"
Riding the present from mommy and daddy
His favorite part was the cake though. His first real time having sugar! He dove right in! But he didn't really want to get his hands in it that much, what he really wanted to do was stick his face into it and eat it. He just couldn't figure out how to accomplish that! I didn't make this cake. Too much going on and I knew I was going to make his cupcakes for the party this week. I just added the Pooh figures and candle on the top. He didn't seem to mind that mommy didn't make it, although it greatly bothered me that I had not....ugh...the guilt!

1st b-day cake
Dallas loved "helping" him out, which really meant feeding himself come cake, "Yummy, this is good. I think I'll have another bite!"

1 comment:

Chelle said...

Happy Birthday to Asher!!! Looks like he loved the cake!! :)