Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Where to send our kids to school???

Oh the schooling debate: public school, private school, homeschool, charter school.... When I was little I think almost everyone went to public school and it wasn't a huge decision for our parents. Now, ugh, it is such a big decision. So I battle with stressing over it and daily giving it up to God and putting it all in His hands. The stress of it all alone can be so overwelming. I went today to look at another possible charter school and liked it a lot. That's good. At least I know I have two choices I would be happy with. We were going to homeschool until we both felt God speaking to us not to and comfirming it in several different ways. So now we are exploring the charter school option. Private schools in Orlando are about $10,000 a year and for us that's not an option (especially when you mulitply it by how many kids we have!) I am VERY pleased with what I have seen so far in charter school and from what I've heard from other parents that send their children there. So I'm looking forward to the schooling adventure God has in store for us!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If you think about it, there really is no reason to stress. You've already decided God's leading you not to do private, public and home schools. The rest is in God's hands as to which of the charter school(s) he gets picked for. The only decision that you have to make is if he gets into both or neither. But there's no need to think about that until the time actually comes. Remember what Beverly said about trusting Him. Love ya! Jenny