Saturday, February 2, 2008

Waffles and Persistant Dallas

Dallas is addicted to waffles. Whole grain blueberry waffles. He'll eat them frozen (which he learned about from Boston-its Boston's favorite way to eat a waffle) or toasted. But usually he gets very impatient waiting for it to toast. Most of the time he has me hold him and we count together 1...2...3...4...5...6..7...8...9..10! And he can hear the sound of the toaster popping it up from a mile away...."READY!!!" It's so cute how he screams that. I had not bought waffles for about 5 days and Sean picked some up from the store. In an attempt to catch up for lost time he ate a total of 10 throughout the entire day!! The boy seriously is addicted. In general he loves bread, anything of the sort: crackers, plain loaf of bread, toasted bread, hot dog buns, roles, anything bread he'll eat it...guareenteed!

This morning I was awoke by Dallas at 6am requesting waffles. I walked, half awake, to the kitchen to find that I had forgotten that we don't have any. I informed Dallas of the situation and offered raison toast instead, but like the presistent child that he is he insisted on waffles. Let me go down now saying that this child is going to be an awesome business/sales man someday because he IS the MOST persistant person I know. No NEVER means no in Dallas' world. It just means ask again...and again...and again....100 times until the person blows a fuse. Its especially annoying when it's 6am and you just want to crawl back into bed (especially since dumb me stayed up past midnight..DUMB) So...with the mommy not so happy face I informed him (for the about 30th time) that we don't have any waffles. He finally gave in to the raison toast, anticipating mom's head combusing with pure frustration. I crawled back to my bed for about 30 more minutes of sleep when I was awoken by Boston in Asher room hanging out. What is it with my early risers????? Anyhow..it's now 2:30pm and Dallas has continued to ask for waffles all day. It's not just waffles with Dallas. He's very persistant with everything. I think this will be a good trait for him in the future. He will be very successful....that is...if he can survive the 3s!

No comments: