Saturday, October 30, 2010

30 day revival

Last Wednesday as I was having quiet time with the Lord (something that rarely happens lately) I realized that if something was going to change within me, if my attitude was going to make a shift, if my outlook on life was going to be positive I have to have Jesus in my day...all day....every little minute. I have to be daily filled with the Holy Spirit or I'm giving into my sinful nature and dwelling on what is bad and not what is good.

Romans 7:17-20 (New Living Translation)
So I am not the one doing wrong; it is sin living in me that does it. And I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature. I want to do what is right, but I can’t. I want to do what is good, but I don’t. I don’t want to do what is wrong, but I do it anyway. But if I do what I don’t want to do, I am not really the one doing wrong; it is sin living in me that does it.


And the Lord spoke to me. Clear as day he gave me the greatest of ideas. It was to devote 5 minutes out of every hour to focus on him. I have The One Year Bible (New Testament) for Busy Moms. It's broken down the New Testament into 365 5 minute readings. I felt the Holy Spirit leading me to read for 5 minutes every hour. Then I figured out if I take 12 hours and read 5 minutes out of each of those I will have read the New Testament in 30 days!!

Since Asher and Sydney are at home with me I have been reading to them outloud and it's amazing how Asher runs over to me each time I say I've got to read my bible and he jumps in my lap to listen.

Want to join me in a revival of your walk with the Lord? To show Him that no matter how busy your life is that you still acknowledge that He is the Lord of it all and you so desperatly need Him. How much time do you spend on emails, facebook, twitter, text messaging, blogs, phone and other unimportant things that only effect this life? Wouldn't it make since to devote time throughout your day to your eternal life?

Feel free to join me in this journey. You are welcome to use the logo I created as well.

1 comment:

Leanne Brunton said...

I am going to go find that book... thanks for the idea, you are a great example.