Saturday, September 29, 2007

Peter Pan and a Pirate too

We took the boys to Magic Kingdom today and had a blast. The boys always want to go on the People Mover first. Of course they call it Space Mountain, since you view space mountain on it. Then today I thought they would like to ride the Buzz Lightyear ride, we have never rode it before. And with their new obsession with Toy Story 1 and 2 I thought this would be perfect. But Boston was scared, he thought it would be too dark and too many aliens. So Dallas and Daddy went on it and he loved it. Then we saw Buzz out giving autographs, Dallas immediatly wanted to go say hi. He has no fear of the characters, Boston would rathe keep his distance. Of course I also remember bringing Dallas when he was very young and all the Princesses kissing all over him, he's always loved them all.

We also rode It's a Small World, another big favorite. Asher wasn't as interested, since he fell asleep waiting in line.
Captain Jack was there from Pirates of the Caribean and Dallas was very thrilled to meet a pirate (He's BIG on pirates right now). He took me to see him and then wanted to take daddy. Boston...not so much. While Dallas and daddy rode Pirates of the Caribean Boston and I shopped in the pirate store and he made the definate decision to be Peter Pan (He had talked about being a pirate for weeks but woke up this morning convinced he wanted to be Peter Pan...have no idea where this came from since they've only seen about 10 minutes of the movie weeks ago). So we got a Peter Pan hat and Dallas got a pirate hat and now mommy just has to sew the costumes. Boston wants Asher to be the Crocodile.

We also got to see Spectro Magic (the night light parade). Brought back a flood of memories from when I used to do it in college. I danced as a butterfly to start and then auditioned and got the role of Snow Queen and got to ride on a float. It was the best job I ever had! Just the music made me smile. Good times! And the boys thought it was great the mommy new Peter Pan and Captain Hook (I didn't tell them I was Snow Queen but that I knew them very well...I rode the float with Hook and Peter was walking next to me...funny!) But i did tell them I was a butterfly and they were in awe.


After watching fireworks in the car the boys fell asleep on the way home. What a fun day!

1 comment:

Chelle said...

That's SO funny because Kaili is going to be Tinkerbell! hee hee! And she said Alana will be a little tinkerbell. So I got their wings and Im making their costumes in the next week or two!

Are you guys going to any special Halloween events?